ss_blog_claim=e7dc29d4cece459151dd865207d72c4c

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Beach Day

We spent the day yesterday in Ocean City, New Jersey with my mom and my nephew. We left home around 8:30 AM and got back just after 9:00 PM so it was quite a long day, but it was fun!

We stopped at a diner for lunch in Somers Point and had a lovely waitress who told us the best place to go on the beach (North of 1st Street). We were able to get an on-street parking space, and were never asked for beach tags, so that was all very lucky!

It was a little windy and chilly, but our little Texan was ALL OVER the water. He was so happy to see the ocean, he was smiling and running around like a maniac the whole time. My kids didn't even have bathing suits on, but Tater wound up mostly wet and Sprout spent a lot of time digging up and prying open little bitty oysters.

When I told her she was killing them she just smiled and said she knew. That it was fun. I am trying not to be too disturbed by that.

After a couple of hours we went and cleaned up at the "Bath House", which has all sorts of not-child-friendly connotations, but was pretty much a locker room. Then the kids had the biggest ice cream cones ever and we went on some rides. My kids are happy that we are going back next week so they can do some more!

The most exciting thing was that all three kids played a game, and although Sprout was technically the winner, all three got prizes. HUGE inflatable hammers. With squeakers in them. Which I got to hold while they went on the rides, feeling like I was taking up more than my allotted space in the world. "Who is that woman with the HAMMERS?" Probably all in my head, I know.

I was awakened this morning to the sounds of my adorable son hammering the furniture, walls, floor with his big, squeaking hammer. Harsh.

No comments: