ss_blog_claim=e7dc29d4cece459151dd865207d72c4c

Monday, September 1, 2008

Not a Talent


Apparently I am not meant to be a cake decorator.

My son, bless his little heart, has far more faith in my artistic abilities than I deserve. So when I asked him what we should do to celebrate the first day of school, he suggested a cake. And that we should make it. And that I could draw the school mascot, a panther, on it (!)


So - that cat-ish looking thing in the upper left is my interpretation of a panther. Tater actually drew one for me so that I would have something to copy. And the icing wasn't all that cooperative. So that is a wavy icing translation of a 6-year-old's depiction of a panther.

You can't tell from the picture, but the cake also was significantly higher in the middle than on the edges. Does anyone know how to avoid that? (Besides slicing the higher part off...)

Anyway - it was yummy. And it is back-to-school eve!

No comments: