ss_blog_claim=e7dc29d4cece459151dd865207d72c4c

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Work is fun?


I have been working on a PowerPoint presentation for a project I am doing. When the kids came home from school yesterday I was just wrapping up for the day and Sprout looked over my shoulder at one slide I was doing and commented that it didn't seem like I had done very much work.

As if that one slide contained all of the writing I had done.

So I had to show her the whole presentation of over 40 slides just so she wouldn't think I was a slacker.


Although I sort of am. But she doesn't need to know that about me just yet. I am all about maintaining the illusion of competence.


Apparently she was impressed because a few minutes later we were getting ready to go outside and play, and all of a sudden Sprout was gone. I started calling to her and found her in the office starting up the computer.


When I asked what she was doing she said, "I want to make a PowerPoint."


To which I replied, "I thought you wanted to go outside and play."

And so she started to throw a fit because I wanted her to go play outside instead of developing a presentation on the computer.

I mean, what kid does that???

No comments: