ss_blog_claim=e7dc29d4cece459151dd865207d72c4c

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

More Halloween Ideas

My friend Jen, who is one of the Funnest Mommies around, sent me some pictures of Halloween crafts that she has done with her kids and I just had to share them with you.

First up are these super-cute Sesame street pumpkins. How awesome are the Elmo and Grover-o-lanterns? And the Mr. Potato Head totally rocks, too!

She made them with fake craft pumpkins so they can be used over and over and she suggested using battery operated tea lights to light them up.

She even sent me
this link to a site with other Sesame Street themed pumpkins. So fun!

My kids would have LOVED these back with "Melmo" was their favorite character EVER.

Then we have this completely awesome pumpkin patch cake. She got the idea from Family Fun Magazine (always great), but I think her execution gets bonus points.

I wish I had a picture of the graveyard cake I made a few years ago for Sprout's birthday. I might have to recreate it. Similar idea with a chocolate-frosted sheet cake sprinkled with chocolate cookie crumbs for "dirt". Instead of the pumpkins (which are SO cute) I used Vienna Finger Cookies and frosted them with white icing to make the gravestones. I put them across the cake and put one letter on each stone to spell out "Happy B'day". I think there were also some gummy worms sprinkled around. I was quite proud of it.

Anyway - I was sharing Jen's stuff...so the other thing she sent me was these little craft-y pumpkins made with rolls of toilet paper wrapped in fabric. So clever. Another Family Fun idea involving very few "ingredients" and a great end product!

Thanks to Jen for sharing all these great ideas!!
Yay - my first contributor!!


Do you have any fun ideas to share?? Send your ideas to me at kjbassick (at) hotmail (dot) com and I'd be happy to post them!

No comments: