ss_blog_claim=e7dc29d4cece459151dd865207d72c4c

Thursday, November 5, 2009

Ten???

My baby girl turned 10 today.

I know this sort of by definition means she isn't my baby girl.
And yet, she is.


I am having trouble getting my head around the facts that:

a) My child is 10.
b) I have been a parent for 10 years.


I still remember being amazed that they would let us leave the hospital with her. And wondering what the heck we were supposed to do with her once we got her home.

She was very round. And very cute, I thought.


In honor of this auspicious occasion, I thought I would share with you some of the many sides of my Sprout.

She can be very weird.

She is musically talented.

Sometimes she can be a little bit stubborn and grumpy.

She is becoming a fan of fashion. She comes up with some unique statement looks.


She loves to have fun.

She is a superhero in many ways. Super smart. Super funny. Super cute.
Sometimes super gross.

She likes sports. I think mostly because she can share it with her dad. And I will have no idea what they are talking about.
She is a good sport. Going along with most of my ridiculous ideas.

She adores her brother, even though she'd deny it.

She's a ham.

Overall, an excellent all around package of kid, if I do say so myself. Not that I had any control over the situation. She is who she is and she isn't changing that for anyone. Not even me. And I think that is very cool.

I know 10 isn't really all that grown up. There are plenty of milestones to come.

But I realized that we are more than halfway through the time she will live with us (!) She does have a signed contract from her parents that says she will always have a room in our home.

Although that room may be full of my shoes.

But she could borrow them. Maybe.


This is all assuming we survive tomorrow night. The first slumber party.

Help.
I don't think 10 years of parenthood has prepared me for this moment.

No comments: